Greenstuff Textured Bases - Part 1



I've been looking through my collection of Warhammer models. Everything, apart from those kits I've bought this year, is on square bases. I recently got back into Mordheim, and the rest of the group have converted to round bases. I bought the Greenstuff World textured rolling pins almost 18 months ago, and haven't really given them much use. All that is about to change, as I show you how awesome these rolling pins really are.




The Textured Rolling Pins.
These rolling pins are cast in clear resin and measure around 6" long. The detail on them is really good and a lot of time and effort has been put into making these the best product they can be. There's a good weight to them too, which shows their quality.  Below are the finished bases showing the textures I have bought.













You can get 6 rollers in a set. The set I bought at the time is called Rollin Pin - Textured Rolls Pack x6 v2.0 and consists of the following: Factory Ground, Celtic, Runic, Wood, Frozen and Plain. At the time of ordering I also added the Brick roller to my order as I was going to re-base all my Iron Kingdoms Undercity models.

The Plain roller is used to smooth out your greenstuff/putty before using the textured roller. On their website, they advise dipping your rollers in water, which is highly recommended. Greenstuff, especially, is very tacky and will get stuck in all the details of the roller.  They also recommend trimming it once dry with a knife, but I used a modelling blade dipped in water to cut the excess off the base.

Below is my quick method for using the rollers. Unfortunately I couldn't show all aspects of production, but you can find videos on the Green Stuff World website.



Next week, I will see how these look when painted up. I painted one or two frozen bases a while ago, but I really want to have a look at these once painted. A friend of mine has a bag full of bases he's made using a similar method, and he just digs one out as and when he needs it.

Tell us what you think.
Do you think these textured rollers are for you? Or would you rather buy them pre-made? Let's discuss.


22 comments:

  1. I've used a couple of these myself - the wood and another of theirs - the diamond stamped one that gives a metal plating look. They're nice pieces of kit but the wood one I think had the grain a little too deep on it - it looks to me to give a bark effect rather than wood planking, for example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need personal informations from companies,family and friends that will better your life and you need easy access without them noticing just contact james or you’re financially unstable or you have a bad credit score, he will solve that without stress,he and his team can clear criminal records without leaving a trace and can also anonymously credit your empty credit cards with funds you need,all these are not done free obviously but I like working with James and his team cause they keep you updated on every step taken in order to achieve the goal and they also deliver on time,I tested and confirmed this I’m still happy on how my life is improving after my encounter with him ,you can send a mail to premiumhackservices@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete