Age of Sigmar Khorne Army - Part 1.5

The rule of 5. 

Unfortunately this week, my time has been limited due to working longer hours. So I wanted to look at batch painting larger units. 

The Blood Reavers, as last week's WIP Part 1.



Base Coating - The Big Bit.

I have been working on a unit of 20 Blood Reavers for a while, and as with any large unit, there is a lot of base coating and ink/shading to be done.  I spent a few hours just painting Scorpion Brass and brown before giving the whole model a wash of Coat d'Arms Brown ink.  The flesh was then blocked in and given a wash of Chestnut Ink.

This was quite a laborious and tedious task (I actually painted two units of 20... Oops!) but once that is out of the way, we can move on to the fun bit - Highlighting.

Batch Painting - The Rule of 5.

I have worked on large projects in the past, and the highlighting is the most time consuming part. I read on a number of other websites about batch painting, and thought I'd give it a try. It actually works really really well.  I have made some great progress on the first 5 Blood Reavers as you can see below.


The first 5 Blood Reavers, almost complete.

I have some more work to do on the flesh, but the red is complete as is the metal work on the armour edges. I am working on a GW-Style painting guide for each colour, which I will publish next week.

As well as the Blood Reavers, I was also working on completing the first 5 Blood Warriors from the AoS box. Mistakes were made, but I kind of bought another box of 10 this week, to make a unit of 15...


Five Blood Warriors, almost complete!

The Blood Warriors need a final highlight on the red, weapons, boots and straps and then complete the bases.

By next week, the Blood Warriors should be complete, with the Blood Reavers looking like a complete unit.


Post a Comment