Unboxing The Infamy Ton

I got a nice surprise on Saturday - a box from Element Games. Initially I wondered what it could be, as I'd only placed an order the evening before and wasn't expecting anything else from them. It then hit me that recently I'd seen a post on Facebook that James from Infamy had recently had a trip to EG to discuss the shipping of his Welcome to the Big Smoke Kickstarter so I was delighted to find my Infamy Ton inside, ordered online during Salute weekend.


I will admit to getting quite excited by this lot arriving. In fact, more excited than I've been for a long while about anything. Except maybe about seeing Caity Lotz get resurrected in the DC's Legends of Tomorrow Trailer that was released 10 days ago...

Anyway, I got quite excited and took a load of pictures. In fact, before editing and getting rid of the naff ones, there was a ton of them. Now there are just 89, but that's still enough, right?

First up - everything. Cool tote bag, felty dice bag, Black Market playing cards, Master Cast of the Beast of Bakerloo (not to be confused with the Kickstarter Beast of Bakerloo which is actually an ArcWorlde troll but the correct species of troll escapes me at the moment), Busts of Nikola Tesla and Jo March, fresh, non Kickstarter exclusive sculpts of Flower Girl and Princess Outis and finally two types of Futura - ranged and melee. 


The Black Market deck is your standard 54 piece card deck, but the cards are anything but standard. Really high quality card and fantastic artwork. A really lovely deck that I never ever want to use to stop people from ruining it. 





The felty dice bag is just the right size for protecting the deck of cards and has the Infamy logo stamped on it. I intend to mainly use it as my "Take The Lead" bag for Batman, as so far we've just been using a dice tin but this should work a load better. 


Futura is a mechanical construct that comes on a 50mm base. This particular Futura comes armed with two fun looking tesla style gun arms.





This Futura however, comes armed with two pretty big pick axes and a slightly more dynamic pose that doesn't quite fit on her 50mm base.





Next up is Flower Girl, who is rather tiny. The other version of her was only available as part of the Infamy donation bucket during the Backer Kit. Apologies for the slightly naff photos, thanks to her being so much smaller than everything else the camera didn't want to take fantastic pictures. 











Princess Outis is a crossover mini with Wrath of Kings/Dark Age during the Kickstarter, while this is the standard retail version that will be on full release in 2016 (or whenever James decides to let her loose). She comes with two different head options - bare headed or helmeted.















There is one last mini to look at before we move on to the busts - The Beast of Bakerloo. This guy is a Master Cast, and the main way to differentiate him from the standard Infamy gear appears to be that he is in a light greeny grey resin instead of the normal grey.



 








Now for the busts. Jo looks slightly less scary than Tesla, but both are rather awesome. I'm not really a bust person (well, the only other one I currently own is the large Uncle John, also from Infamy) but it is an area I'd be interested in getting in to. 










Ooh, hilt details!








This piece is possibly the only piece in the whole of the Ton that is slightly warped - it doesn't quite sit right in the indentation that has been made in Jo's coat for it. I'd call that a success, given the amount of flimsy resin that is in this set. 


A partial mock up.



Finally, the main man himself - Tesla.

Many pieces!






















The minis themselves do have a little flash on them, but mold lines are minimal. The only real lines of sorts are the crack patterns in some areas, such as the side of Tesla's backpack and on the inside of one of Futura's legs (you can't see it in the pictures but I found it while cleaning her up). However, compared to some companies resin products, these are easy fixes. 

Before this point, I only owned two Infamy minis - the Large Uncle John bust and Tallulah Belle in 32mm. Tallulah is a delicate little thing and seeing the paint jobs from John Keys on various minis made me quite scared of the minis before they arrived as I know they deserve a great paint job. I'm happy to say that most of this box live up to that gut wrenching terror, though the Futuras and Flower Girl aren't quite as scary as I thought they would be so they may be on the table far sooner than expected.

Overall, there are some cracking miniatures here and I'd rather let the pictures do most of the talking. Needless to say I am rather looking forward to my Full English pledge arriving as the Ton has done the opposite of keeping me sated until then - I want more! 



Post a Comment