Gotham Police Officer - Ready for The Table

Two models finished in two weeks? Some might call it madness, others might call it momentum. Either way, a second model on and off my desk inside a couple of sessions and it's Fat Cop from BMG.




He's not my finest work, but as the title says, he is ready to take to the tabletop, and in only 5 or 6 hours, which is an improvement in speed without sacrificing too much quality (I hope).

Up until this week, he had been sat awaiting paint since I took this picture last September.






I started off by working on the skin, which I'm getting better with, probably due to this being the third model in a couple of months that I've painted with a darker skin tone.



Once I had the skin tone sorted, I realised that I hadn't cleaned him up as well as I could have done initially, so his tonfa hand still has a load of flash on it but realising mid paint job I didn't feel like stopping for a 16 Rep model to be perfect so carried on.

One thing that did change was the tone of the uniform. Above in the old picture, he has quite a bright navy uniform but I moved in a much darker, muted direction with my current favourite combination of S75 Necro Grey, Rlyeh Grey and GW Fenrisian Grey. The shirt was Fenrisian Blue followed by a few washes of Ryleh Grey to mute it down slightly - a complete contrast to the GW Ice Blue it had been previously.



I kept the rest of his gear simple and dark to keep his face the focal point.

I also thought it was about time for a group photo. These guys are three of the four that will be going to the local gaming show next month (first wargaming show in Cumbria!) to take part on the demo table as I want to re-learn the game after being a year since my only two games. 


The real difference between Fat Cop's old and new is highlighted by putting him next to Stripper Cop, who has a much more cartoony vibe to her.


These guys make up three quarters of my 200 rep force. Who's missing? Oh yeah, this guy.





Post a Comment