Hero Month Pt 3

Image result for Superman


This week I have been finishing off the base as well as makeing a start on the cape. and With the cape I was using my Airbrush which because I am very knew to it does take me longer then the "pros"

One thing I did notice wile working with my airbrush is that I find it easyer when using a brush to blend colors by layering darkest shade into the lighter wear as with a airbrush its easyer to do the reverse.


But I found the issue that the reds I have which as reaper mini are not very saturated and I was unable to get the colors I was looking for. I was recomended to get a ink 


and yes it did work ever well to add more color to it all 




but I was not to happy with the over all color because in my head superman is like the old cartoon not the dark versions we have in films today.

So I went back to the start and striped it and began again still using the ink but mixed into reds to make them more vibrent.



as you can see the red thanks to the ink is almost neon so wile working more on it added some glaszes to dull it down a bit.



I also have to point out at the moment people might be think about why I have placed the light is these places what you have to know is that on the more he will look more like this.


This has been some great practice with my Airbrush and also I do love what you are able to do with it. I would of like to do more but like with most things time runs away from you.

I think more depth in the shadow is needed and maybe another glaze to dull the red but over all I am very happy with it. 

what do you all think?








Post a Comment