Bramblen's Tour of Gotham - Part 7: League of Shadows Crew Finished 7/50

This is a post I am quite proud to be putting together. I have a horrid track record of starting stuff and not finishing it, particularly armies. So, to be able to put in the title that my League of Shadows crew is finished, I'm really quite chuffed.

I got the last figure finished on 31st March, just in time for the end of the Arkham City Limits painting contest.



That last figure is of course Talia al Ghul, and she has caused the most problems out of the 5 that I had to complete in the two month contest. 



Nothing seemed to go right with Talia. I started out aiming for a black leather look, highlighted up to grey, with the inner trouser legs providing contrast in brown. Thanks to a mess up with the ink, the grey highlights became brown highlights, so the trousers don't really stand out as much.



The other part that didn't go to plan was the face. The lips came out ok, perhaps a little too red but the main issue was the eyes. After doing a decent job with Ra's I wanted to do the same again on Talia. A lot of layers layer and I have some rather beady eyes.


On the plus side, finishing her means the gang is finished for now so I can move on to a different project.




The other cool thing about getting the gang finished is that I was able to take them to my first Batman game on Wednesday night and for the first time ever, for any miniatures game, field a fully painted force. Both of us had never played the game before so there was a lot of checking of rules and no pictures taken, but my League, despite being outnumbered 2:1 by my opponent's Joker gang, won by roughly 20 Victory points to 10. Next time we are playing a slightly smaller game to try and get the game moving quicker as there were lots of dice and tokens everywhere and it was quite messy. 

Finally, Talia takes me to 7 models completed for the year, so only 43 more needed to beat last year. Completing the gang helps me take down part of one of the objectives I set myself in my painting plan for the year ahead that I posted in January by getting a gang painted up for one of three Skirmish games I set my sights on playing (the others being ArcWorlde and Malifaux). 

Post a Comment