The Collection - A Tale of Resin, Metal and "Ooh, Shiny"

I've gained a reputation in some forums for having what some call "an addiction". I just like to think of it as I collect miniatures. I was recently challenged to take pictures of everything I've acquired. To narrow this down, I've gone just for the pictures of things that are either Work In Progress, Built or Still Boxed - Nothing finished at all.




In my opinion, we are currently in a golden age for the miniature painting and wargaming hobby. There are several large companies that create new stuff every week, and there are hundreds of smaller businesses that are all creating fantastic content.

Between hand sculpting and 3D printing, Crowdfunding and regular finance sources, resin and metal, it seems like there has never been a better time to create miniatures that have been bobbing around in your head for years, but nobody has yet put together.

That's my downfall.

I don't buy everything. I don't even buy everything I see. I pick up stuff from a handful of small companies that I like along with stuff for one or two games I have an intention to play. Then there's the stuff that is purely just because it's shiny, or because I think that painting it might help me improve.

I'll go picture by picture - some aren't the greatest, but you'll get the jist of things.

So lets get started.

Stuff from Wamp, Warlord Games, Statuesque Miniatures and Wonderlands Project


Heresy Miniatures, Games Workshop, West Wind Productions, Hasslefree


More Hasslefree


Grey Knights, Undead and Malifaux - Arcanists


Guardsmen and Skeletons


Zombies


Skaven from Island of Blood 


The content of my desk and WIP box

Batman models from Knight Miniatures


Guild Ball


Avatars of War


ArcWorlde, Hasslefree, Statuesque, GW and Red Box Games


Mortis Engine for Undead


Death from Purgatory


Terminators and Scouts


Guard, Lizardmen and High Elves


Ax Faction, ArcWorlde, Lord of the Rings, West Wind Productions


Space Marines


More Skaven from IoB and Chameleon Skinks


Basilisk


Malifaux - Viktorias Warband


Now on to the stuff I keep packaged up.

ArcWorlde - Albionnicans, Halflings, Elves and Undead Pirates


ArcWorlde - Single Figures


ArcWorlde - Mascots


More ArcWorlde


ArcWorlde resins


Ax Faction, Infamy, JoeK, Mierce, Avatars of War


Nocturna, Scale 75, Michael Kontraros, Infamy, Kabuki, Mindwork


Darksword, Reaper, Spyglass, Infamy, Avatars of War, Kabuki


West Wind Productions, Infinity, Death (no2)


Forge World - Carmine Dragon


Malifaux and more Forgeworld


Various GW boxes


GW boxed sets


Loka, 12 Realms and 12 Realms: Ancestor's Legacy. The latter two are both fully painted, but as I wasn't the one to paint them, at some point I may strip them and do them myself.


Warmachine - Retrubution All in One


ArcWorlde - Fire Dragon Ancient


Guild Ball


GB - Morticians Guild


GB - Butchers Guild


GB - Fisherman's Guild


GB - The Union


Another World, Twisted, Ares Mythologic, Ax Faction and Kabuki


Infamy and JoeK


Knight Models - League of Shadows


Knight Models - GCPD and Bat Family


Knight Models - Harley and Goons


Knight Models - Killer Frost, Deathstroke, Swamp Thing, Riddler, Court of Owls


Knight Models - Arrow, Speedy/Red Arrow/Arsenal, Catwoman, Huntress


Knight Models - Marvel 


Various GW stuff 


Undead Boxes


More Undead Boxes


Mortarchs and an Armoured Fist Squad


Battalion and Nagash


Many Bitz and the occasional miniature, probably Space Marines or Lord of the Rings


WIP Misc GW


Baneblade and other things


More Misc GW WIP


Marine Sprues


High Elves. At last count there was about 3k points in that shoe box.


More Marine Bitz


GW Double case. Full of Marines, Lizardmen and other things I've forgotten about.


And lastly, Alchemists for Guild Ball


So that's it. A whistle stop tour around the resin/plastic/metal mountain, if only to prove that I can do so and to remind myself what I have hidden away.

Edit: Since writing this post, I've actually had more stuff arrive.

Miniatures from the Another World Indiegogo campaign


Stuff from Heresy Miniatures, to celebrate the dragon being slain, and my resisting of it.


Finally, One of each mini blister from Knight Models new releases :)



6 comments:

  1. Impressive...is the only word I can use here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Greg - I'll also mention that almost all of the non GW stuff has been picked up in the past couple of years :)

      Delete
  2. Good lord man. That is an insane collection, suddenly makes my box(es) of shame look relatively manageable :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. .......wow that is alot of minis. Does it not depress you owning all of that and seeing it all unpainted and/or unassembled? I go through an occasional purge when I get a huge stack of minis piling up ad I know I will never get most of them completed. Maybe a cull is in order for your pile :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does it depress me? Not really. A lot of the minis I've bought with the intention of gaming with, which doesn't really happen at the moment thanks to where I live but if that changes, I've got the minis to get going again. Other minis I've picked up to practice certain techniques, while others I've bought because they're fantastic models, then put away until I've had some practice.

      I have purged one or two areas of my collection - A lot of my Lord of the Rings stuff has gone (maybe half) and I have some Tau that haven't been pictured as they've been stored until I can find time to clean them up and get them moved on.

      A lot of people would probably be ruthless with my collection and get rid of a lot of stuff, but as a collector, I know that as soon as something goes, I'll find a reason to have kept it and probably buy another one.

      Delete