IPMS Scale ModelWorld

Image result for scale model world 2015
I have never been to a show or exhibition before and I decided that I want to go to this one because my Club was showing there Wirral IPMS as well as being only a short drive compared to others. 

So Me and Notsoslimshady headed there, we thought well if we leave at about 11am we can get there about 12:30 and then have a little look about for 30mins to an hour and then man the table till the end unfortunately we were wrong. We got there at 12:30 but we underestimated the Show on so many levels and spent the next four hours looking at what was on show and for sale! So I have to say sorry to the guys for not spending any time on the table, we just did not know what to expect.

Scale Model World is advertised as the largest model show in the world and normal I would take this with a pinch of salt but this was a MASSIVE show. 


 
This is the layout on their site and you think ok so three rooms when its only when you first see the arrangements of  you can see the size of them.

  
This is the Layout of of Hall 3 the smallest and each Square was a table of models and the red was reatil.


This is the layout of Hall one our table was a blue one on the second to top row.

Admission to the Show was free for IPMS members and £10 for member of the public with admission you got a bag with some freebies in it like a Show guide with the layout in it as well as Airfix model mag worth £4.50 so all in all worth it.

All that is Left is to show you all pics I took on the day.

This was not taken by me, I thought I took one of our table, but it must not have worked.

The theme of Our table was The movie's so anything from a film.

Picture

This display took 3 years to make.


An idea of how large a hall was.



Some very nicely painted busts (it's not all Airfix in IPMS)


I liked this Diorma not sure what you would call it, but I thought it deserved a pic


Another nice diorama but was on a high shelf but I am sure you can see why I liked it.



Who doesn't Love a Zombie invasion???


 D-day Landing.


A nice battle field diorama. 


An Aircraft hanger. 


A ship docked at a Harber.


This may not look like anything you would take a picture of but this was on a table painted by under 15 and I thought this was excellent. 



Hall 3 the smallest one.


A nice Diorama.


These guys were funny, they made their display all about pirates, even though they were nothing to do with them a example was a cyborg called "Long John cyborg" also they won best display which lets face it they deserved they put a lot of effort into it! 


Pterodactylus.


Had to show you all this one it had extra meaning because the day of the Show was on remembrance Sunday.


I thought the cotton around these what would be normal plans made a nice display.


This bridge must have taken hours to make and I feel sorry for them when it comes to storage!


This little scene you have to admit is great. 


"Perfect storm"


NASA stand


Some nice busts



This makes you want to watch the Vikings


Some Gw stuff showing there is more to the IPMS these days



I can't put my finger on it, but I am sure this is from a film.


A great action scene!


This is Titled "always time for a brew" a fantastic piece 


The work that must of gone into some of these made me feel like a slacker.


And finally you can have a model show with, out trains. 


For anyone out there who ever thought like I did that the IPMS was not the right place for miniature painters like us then you are wrong! Like the chairman of our club says "They are all plastic models" so I would say to everyone have a look online and see where your local club is and pop down to a monthly meeting and see what its like you never know you may end up liking it like I did also I was lucky because the Wirral IPMS is full of the most friendly people you could meet.



3 comments:

  1. I was there on the Sunday - my own report will be going up on my Blog in the next couple of days.

    I think it is a great show and has something for everyone.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this seems really epic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top post. I look forward to reading more. Cheers
    ld hardas

    ReplyDelete