Egg Cup Challenge Pt.1

Image result for Egg cup

Wirral Ipms  for our Christmas meeting they set the Egg cup challenge which is to make a model using a polystyrene Egg as part of the model/build.



First, I needed to try and figure out what am I going to do with this I had a few Ideas the first was to paint it like an egg and put it in an egg cup.... I know that is not the best idea so I thought I could get some dragons coming out of eggs and paint the egg as a dragon Egg.


But with most things time went by and I left it too late to buy them and get it done in time. So it was back to the drawing board to see if I could figure out something before time ran out which is the 16th dec. Then Notsoslimshady gave me an idea Minion. 

This was something I felt I could work with and the things I could do were endless, so I got to work first on the Milliput wile I thought more about the whole piece.


My plan at this time was to do him standing by a classic do not touch button and have him trying to touch it simple enough. 


This is where we get to the change of mind of the project. I had to scrap the idea of him trying to touch a button mostly because this is my first go and sculpting and I could not do hands and feet.


So what can you do with a minion body and two sausage arms with no hands.

HOT TUBE!

What better I could cut the bottom of the minion and the hands would be in the water and there for my issues are solved!! 

I thought I would go minimalistic and do the hot tub as a bit of card and have that as a flat scene.


I was told I was not allowed to do this not by the club, but from my wife she said I was being lazy. So I tried to raise it up off the ground. 



Simple enough, but did not work out right at all so I went back to the idea of the flat hot tub but like most things fate had other ideas.

Next week will be a day after the meeting so come back to see the finished Model as well as what the others had done.







  


Post a Comment