Brambleten's Tour of Gotham - Part 3: ACL Painting Contest Update and Shiny Things.

With February half over, that means we are 25% through the time allowed on the Arkham City Limits painting contest. I thought this would be a good time to stop and check on how I was progressing.

I've also received some new stuff since the contest started, so I've thrown that in here as well :)

So, painting progress. A reminder of the task in hand - paint a 350 Rep crew by the end of March, with over half being completed during that period. 3 Prizes up for grabs - Tournament Only Talia cards for all three, while top also gets a Knight single model blister.

Talia usually comes in at 71 Rep, while the Tournament card is 62 Rep and $100. I've only really looked at the Talia card I got in my blister today and found out that there was a batch of Talia models that were sent out with the Tournament card instead of the standard one - and mine happens to be one of them, so I don't have to win the comp to get one which is nice.

A quick refresh of the models being painted up - Ra's al Ghul, Talia al Ghul, 2 Assassins and Deadshot.

Deadshot is the furthest forward. Everywhere has a basecoat, but I've mainly been working on his jacket. The artwork as it as red and blue, but I've decided to only use red. It'll get another few highlights to make it slightly brighter as at the moment it reminds me of a Ravager jacket from Guardians of the Galaxy (not a bad thing by any means).



Other than Deadshot, there isn't really a lot of progress - a lot of basecoats and not much more really. I did get some shots for the sake of completeness though.











Now for the shiny stuff. Since I posted my Knight collection in Part 1 of my Tour, I've received a load of stuff from several orders.

First up are all of the objective markers and counters I need to play a game of BMG.


The sewers and lamp posts didn't come with bases (the 2 and 2 pack does, but the 3 and 3 pack doesn't) but that wasn't really much of a problem so I got building.


The sewers are single piece but the lamp posts come in 3 pieces - base, mid and top. I've pinned the mid to the base, but the top was too thin to pin so instead they got a dose of Milliput to secure it, which has been sanded down to hopefully look like extensions of the mid section when painted.




Finally the new miniatures. There are quite a few - some were planned, some weren't. I've split them in to two photos - Bat related and others.

For the Bat related stuff, I finally got myself a Batman (who was my 29th Knight Models mini when he arrived), Batgirl, the Tim Drake Robin and the Red Hood, who of course is ex-Robin Jason Todd.


Then we have everything else. Some good, some bad and some downright huge. The Stephen Amell Arrow arrived, along with Swamp Thing, who is absolutely huge, though probably not as big as the new Titan Joker which should be coming out in this month's releases. I got some cops and some more League guys to fill out points, while Riddler and Harley come in purely for painting fun.


So, with 25% of my time gone, I'm behind where I'd want to be but at the same time, I'm maybe halfway through Deadshot, putting me on course to finish him in February for OMAM.

Post a Comment