A Black Heart for a Good Cause - Blackheart from Guild Ball

I've mentioned it a couple of times but for the past 6 weeks or so, I've been painting up the limited edition Blackheart from Guild Ball for the Tales of a Tabletop Skirmisher fundraiser - Little Heroes for Little Heroes.


It's taken a while, but the Captain of The Union is finally done.







I painted him in two sections - him and the sword, before gluing the forearms to the body, sorting out some greenstuff and painting the metalwork last. It's the first time I've tried painting like this and it had it's ups and downs.

The base is made from Milliput using the Imperial basius mold from Wargames Bakery and has intentionally been left neutral and a little empty. This gives whoever buys him at the auction the chance to match him up with their current collection rather than having to rebase him or have him as an odd one out.


Last month I got my first painting comp win, which was a pretty good feeling. If Blackheart sells and raises some money for a good cause, then that will feel even better.


2 comments: