The Old Wizard Pt 2

Image result for old wizard

Following from last week where I worked on the head, it's time to make the ordinary, extraordinary!

 Ok, so I needed to decide what to do to try and make the model look more interesting than just a hat and head and what I came up with is to try and imagine the hat as something else or a manifestation of his magical power.

 So what did I go with I went with the Idea the hat was a window into space / a living mirror, but as this was an idea into the very unknown to me I needed to have a play before doing it right to see if it would work. 

This first block is only playing wile I was trying to work out if one I could do it and two if it looked good.

So a very blurry black hat


Again a very blurry black hat with star's to do this I used a very stiff brush to flick the paint you don't have to worry about doing it to much as you can then decide what you want to keep and what to remove.


With the rim of the cap I decided to have a clouds look to seem like you are looking up through the hat into space (if you were wearing it)  also as you can't just have a hat with white dots on it to be space I played with a moon and shooting star and so on. 





So you may or may not agree, but after the play this will work if I rethought a few things and added a bit more effort to it.

The first two changes were black and the white was to be replaced, by warn navy and ice white because the sky at night looks an off black depending on what's going on. 




To add more interest to the sides I decided to add a nebula and a black hole.



At this point I thought I could add a sun to the tip of the hat. As you may tell from the tape my Airbrush was in use for this hat project.


Now for those Patrick Moore fans out there will know the sun is not yellow its orange. Which I blended into it after. So on the front I went to work on the planet/moon I say both because I thought if I was going to do something and stayed away from all white and gray it could be whatever people decided it was. 




I at this point came to the decision that the sun was not really a good idea so covered it over I think it was because of the blue in the navy you may disagree.

After removing the sun and adding more stars I worked on the clouds using my airbrush and whites, grays 









So this was my way of trying to make an ordinary model look more interesting and less ordinary.

Like most, this I do there is still a few things I need to do to finish, but come back next week to see the finished thing.

Please comment below would love to hear what you think of what I have done or if maybe you think my idea is wrong for one reason or another.






Post a Comment