Wild Elf Mascot - ArcWorlde Showcase

Short and sweet this week folks!

This week I've painted up the Wild Elf Mascot from Warploque Miniatures, from their first ArcWorlde Kickstarter back in 2013.

The Mascots - adorable right?



This means that 3 of the last 4 miniatures I've painted have been Warploque. I'm not entirely sure why I've been able to focus on them a little better than most things - possibly it's the currently ongoing Troubles In The North Kickstarter?

Anyhow. My focus is on the rascal at the right of the above image. I've previously painted up the Crab and at the time I primed and based them all, stuck them in a bag and back in the bagged minis collection.

After painting up the Unithorn a few weeks back, I decided on a similar approach to this little fellow - a Deck Tan base followed by lots of ink. As a magical construct made from the forests of Caledon the same way the Unithorn is, I took the liberty of assuming that they would be similar in colouring. With this, I chose that as the smaller creature, the mascot would be younger, fresher, greener.





I used the same combo of inks - a green/brown/black and brown/black mixes but used more of the former than the latter, building up the warm greenish tone.




Once I was happy with the tone across him I tackled the eyes and mouth. As with the Unithorn, this is a magical construct powered by Arcanite so the glow would be blue, which just so happens to be a really nice contrast to the warm browny green. I started off with Fenrisian Grey before adding a healthy dollop of blue ink before bringing the highlights back with more Fenrisian Grey and some pure white on the tongue.

Blurry photo - sorry!

The two constructs together
Putting the Unithorn next to the Mascot you can really see the size difference and the difference in tone. I'm hoping to get a tone somewhere in between when I tackle the Woodfiends, which are a staple of the Wild Elves warband in ArcWorlde and a mid sized construct.

Post a Comment