Bolton Ipms Show.


On Sunday I was at the Bolton Model show and it was great and a lot of great models and people........

(Very Pic Heavy)
There were a few retailers and a lot of branches of the Ipms there. Also the show fell on the first bit of winter weather of the year and snow was everywhere. And if you are able to keep with me throughout the pictures I will give a you all a great story that happened and why you should never judge a book by its cover.

But first here are some of the models I like and some that were very interesting. These are not all of the things that were good and interesting though, as that would turn a lot of pictures into a model version on Instgram. 



First, we have a mounted dinosaur head. a first for me.


Iron man.


A Tank that does have LED but all you can see is the small light on the top of the turret. 




This next was a small scene that I really did enjoy I think it was called into the mist not too sure now, but it is a first world war soldier walking through the a wood in winter being followed by death.
I am not a critic, but I have to say it was a very powerful piece and I think the only one at the show that had meaning to it other than it was what it was. 


A good Old Shurman tank.


One of the stands this club has a fondness of plans


Another Tank with LED's you are able to see them better this time.


A tank table.


A nice arrangement of cars.


This was a very nice scene as you can see it is very small and very British.


A few of the clubs are big fans of plans.




This is a another great and very small battle scene, from world war 1 


A very nice navel battle.


A nice space ship also there is also a story behind this picture and that is about the table and why it is a bit bare and we came to the conclusion that members of their club were unable to come because of the snow.


A nice war scene.


Another club who is a fan of planes.


Another tank scene.


Was very surprised to see this and have to say would not mind having ago on these.


I liked this, not sure what it is or who makes it but very nice.


A very (using that lightly) bust of female Scotsman.


A lovely sci-fi female, but I am not sure if the base is right for the mini.


A big female sci-fi bust very nice again.


A Saxson with horse. 


One of the Kings men have a nap before Sharp finds him.


A Roman that most will know from putty and paint. 


Napoleon has an itch.


This model was amazing, unfortunately the picture does not show it at its best, but in the background you can see the female warrior and might give an idea of size. 



Another very small and very, very good miniature.


A small and you have to admit great bust.


A small dirty 


A nice bust.


What looks like a drunk or taken back pirate. 


I am not sure if this is a dwarf or a man, but it was a favorite of mine out of the busts.


A clone trooper. It was bound to happen after the new star wars.


R2D2.


A very cool little Halloween miniature.





These last few pictures were from a table which the theme was winter all very nice and the last one was fun same about the picture.



Ok, well if you have got this far you must have either enjoyed the pictures from the show or just wanted to know the story and skipped to this part either way here it is.

While I was at the show I had a text from John asking was I at the show I replied yes and was wondering if he had come or something and got an interesting reply.

"If you see a bespectacled, scraggy bearded, slim Spaniard his name is Mario"
"Go say ello!"

Right, so I am in a show and I am told to say hello to some person who I have no idea who they are or where to find them most people would leave it and not bother but I thought lets play the version I am not calling the where's Wally of miniature painters and track down this random person and say hi.

So before I ran off asking anyone with glasses are you Mario I thought who might he be and what would he paint. So I thought if John knows him, he must paint the type of miniatures that we do not the normal ones you see in the Ipms. So I went back to the room with the busts and asked there and he was not there at the time but it was the room with his work. So went on the hunt from there and did find him said hello and turned out he is a very nice man and a very talented painter  then out of no were Hedley Coppock came in with a bag full of painted goodness. 

So a random text to find a person and say hi lead me to meet and get to know two golden demon winners now that is something that you would not expect at a Ipms show.

Hope you all enjoyed the pictures from the show as well as my little story. 

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy seeing the models from an IPMS meeting. Thank you for posting them.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a feeling you would injoy Tony. keep a eye out for crewe next month.

      Delete