Human General / Warrior Priest on Horse.


I will be showing you all the Human General / Warrior Priest By Shieldwolf Miniatures.
(Pic Heavy)

This is not the usual type of miniature that I would go for as I am drawn to the more chaos side of things, but with that being said does not mean I am not able to appreciate any miniature. What I am planning to do is first how you all and then give you my Opinion and please remember that this is my Opinion.

The first picture at the top is the box art with the miniature and I took it this was because it was the best way to picture it out of the box.

This is How things looked in the Box/Packet.


And here are all the parts of the kit and there are thirteen in total.


Starting off with the largest part of the miniature which is the horse.







In the pictures of the horse you can see that there is only minor work to be done to clean it up with some resin on the back legs there is work needed on the back hooves and in the picture above the underside of the horse there is a few minor air holes, but these are not a real issue because the underside is not seen unless the people who look at your miniatures are really interested in the hard to see/paint places and like pointing this stuff out. But as you can see throughout the pictures there is no mold lines witch I have to say is a very happy thing to come across with a miniature.

Next we have the two heads. 

First the General head.




The face is mostly beard and the helmet is plan with feathers on the top, but works with the feel of the general as a classic style medieval. Again, there is little work needed to clean the head no mold line maybe some light sanding on the ball joint but that is all.

The Priest head.



The priest's head has some small mold lines on the side, apart from that there is no issue at all with the head. On a personal point I am not too keen on this head the expression does not sit well with me.


Next we have the Priest's hammer. Although there is no reason why you are not able to use this for the General as well.



There are some nice detail on the Hammer and not much needed to clean it up.

Next we have the body,





As you are able to see in the pictures there again is no mold lines and there is some nice bits of detail and there are some nice and odd bits of details on the back. I call them odd because if you have the cloak on the model this will be hidden and not seen, it might be if you chose to not have the cloak and maybe add something else there instead.

Next we have the Rains and Gauntlet



The rains are very nice and also have a nice detail of rivets in the rain. 

Next we have the book.



This could be what you put on the back if you wanted to or on the side of the horse. It is full of detail, but has some cleaning to be done, but it's nothing major.

 Next we have the Cloak. 



    No worked needed at all on this to get it ready for painting. Not much else to be said about it.

Next we have the horses tail.



As you can see there is some cleaning to be done also there is a hole in the end that might need filling if you feel the need.

Next we have a Cross/relic maybe.


As you can see its small but full of those little details that some models are missing.

Next we have the shield.


  
The shield has the same cross on it as the cross and the hammer so throughout the both Kits or versions there is the Godly feel and also makes it all very interchangeable.

Next we have the sword of the General or priest.


As you can see the sword has the same cross keeping with the goodly feel the cross is a bit off on the sword making it look wonky. But something which is becoming more of a trend there is nothing needed to clean this up.

Next we have, I don't know what.



It looks like a small bit of cloth, but I am not sure what its for at all.

So with everything looked at I am sure you would like to see what it looks like when it's put together!

But before I show you all the model I need to tell you all something that happened and you may need to look out for. While I was tacking the model in place I was having an issue with the rains they simply did not line up at all and while trying to put them in place I must of tried one too many times because the brook at the gauntlet. 


This is not an issue at all because it was a clean break in an easy to reattach place also its close to the body so should not stand out. Like I said, this was issue many because I was not glueing it and using blue tack for review purposes so should not be a problem just a keep in mind.

So here we have the model Mini's the rains.

First the General.





(Yes, I do realize the book is the wrong way round)



And the Priest




I thought the he could keep the shield because of the lack of rains.

So now you have seen it all I thought I would leave you with my option this miniature costs 19.99 euros and for what you are paying I think its well worth the money like I said at the start I am not a massive fan of empire style miniatures, but this one when you get your hands on it, does it for me its a solid model and the horse is one of the best I have had so far the detail and sculpt is very high quality and after seeing what Sheildwolf are able to produce I will personally keeping an eye on their KickStart to see what else they are producing considering they are only a small operation the model is of a quality that you would expect form a major company in the sector.

So you have read what I think what do you all think of it?



  




   

6 comments:

  1. I bought this miniature too, and I agree with you in everything! The best part of the miniature is the horse in my opinion. Really good quality and details. The worst part? the warrior priest head. I think that´s not a good head and in my opinion it could have better details. I think the rest of the miniature is quite better than that head. I had the same problem with the rains, they broke when I was trying to assemble them. Anyway, I´m really happy with this miniature, and it´s gonna be a great archlector in my Nordland army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still a very good miniature. And I do hope to paint it but the pile is ever growing

      Delete
  2. Hello, what is the difference in size with Games Workshop Empire knights ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Your welcome I do not have any empire troops but it comes with a Standard base for gw horse troops.

      Delete