Thinking about this year.

Image result for planning for next year



This is the time of year when we all think about the classic what we want to achieve by the end of the year in our own life's, career and family. Could be something like stop smoking (I need to) or go the gym (I could use it) but I am talking about Hobby planning and trying to organize myself for the new year and what I would like to happen. 

Over the last year I learned a lot about painting, but there is something that no matter how good you are a painter you are planning and time management is a Killer!

So with this in mind, I decided if I am going to enter into any competition I could either paint a year in advance so basically paint all of this year and next year treat my models like spaghetti throw them at a comp and see if any stick. Or try to be more productive with my time.

One thing I do know is that I will be attending a lot of model shows this year. And I do have plans to enter maybe two competitions and start something for Salute next year I was planning on going this year, but turns out I am on holiday when its on my fault for booking too early in advance and not thinking about it.

But to be able to do any of this I do need to be able to manage my time better to be able to finish anything on time for anything and with that in mind I bought myself three books to help manage my time and keep me on track.

 Image result for action day weekly planner
Image result for action day idea notebook

Cambridge Business Planner Notebook, Black (06064)

The first one is a dairy, but with more to keep me on track with what I need to do and when I need to do it by I did take a picture but I found something better.

 

So as well as knowing what is happening when I am able to sort out what I need to do for when.

The second is as you would think is an idea book which is blank pages But has them numbered and a content page at the start so you are able to draw ideas for models and so on and then add it to the content page for future reference. 

Image result for action day idea notebook

The last one is a book for me to document my builds and paints I use and has a large margin for sections.


You may or may not think that this might be overkill, but I feel with what I would like to do I need to make sure I give myself the best chance to be able to do it.

I do have some Big things planned a few busts and some more complex basing and I look forward to showing you all more when it happens.

Right now I will leave you all with Happy new year from me and also good luck to you all for this new year in whatever it is you are planning. 




Post a Comment