Phoenix Guard Part 3: The Base




This week I tackle the base, let's take a look..

First I got the base I made in the previous part undercoated in black:

 Then started highlighting and adding some little glazes to bring out colours, at this point I had been planning some fairly subtle roots and climbers up the bank at the back of the base but..


 Once I went to the garden to look for some materials, I found such good stuff I couldn't resist adding a tree!

And you can't have a Golden Demon entry without some skulls right?! These are from a chaos warrior sprue, and though I joke, I secretly love them.


 I painted the skulls and then worked with pigments to blend them in..
 Before adding more plant material and giving a final highlight:




I've gotta say this project is doing exactly what I wanted when I proposed it. I'm motivated and happy in my painting again, really enjoying the project and cracking on. Bring on Golden Demon!

Post a Comment